At Paul Frank + Collins, we are committed to the vibrancy, health, and growth of both local and international communities. We are dedicated to making a difference.
PF+C is committed to the sustainability of the communities in which we live and work. From supporting local community groups and international aid organizations, to promoting environmentally responsible activities within our own offices, we set measurable goals that serve and support our community.
PF+C is a proud member of the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce and Vermont Chamber of Commerce.
We’ve chosen to build our law firm among the Green Mountains because of the opportunities, the quality of life, and the natural beauty that abound here. Appreciating the environment in which we live, we take steps to improve our internal processes and raise awareness of the simple things that we can do in our industry to reduce our environmental impact. From Board service on Green-Up Vermont and top-level business sponsorship of Lake Champlain International, to the thoughtful selection of recycled and recyclable office and kitchen supplies, PF+C aims to be environmentally friendly.
PF+C was the first law firm in Vermont to join the American Bar Association’s Law Office Climate Challenge. In addition, we have modernized and retrofitted our offices to have energy-efficient lighting throughout. We led the industry in having “paperless” files and have reduced our carbon footprint by eliminating the need for off-site storage of closed files.
PF+C encourages volunteerism and many of our lawyers and staff are involved in community service work. The firm stands by its employees in this regard and sponsors a paid leave program for employees to use during business hours to volunteer in the ways that mean the most to them each year. We have a longstanding and award-winning commitment to the United Way of Chittenden County whereby we join together to raise thousands of dollars in financial support.
PF+C and our employees support the following organizations through volunteerism, charitable donations and/or service work on boards:
- American Heart Association
- Associated Industries of Vermont
- Boys & Girls Club of Burlington
- Burlington Amateur Hockey Association
- Burlington Business Association
- Burlington City Arts
- Burlington Discover Jazz Festival
- CarShare Vermont
- Champlain College
- Champlain Community Services, Inc.
- Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf
- COTS (Community on Temporary Shelter)
- First Night Burlington
- Greater Burlington YMCA
- Green Up Vermont
- HomeShare Vermont
- Howard Center for Human Services
- Howard Center for Human Services – Outreach Team
- International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE)
- King Street Youth Center
- Leadership Champlain
- Lake Champlain International, Inc.
- Lake Champlain Land Trust
- Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Linking Learning to Life
- Make-a-Wish Foundation of Vermont
- March of Dimes
- National MS Society
- United Way of Chittenden County
- University of Vermont Lane Series
- University of Vermont Medical Center
- UVM Medical Center Mother-Baby Unit
- Vermont Access to Justice Campaign
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility
- Vermont Captive Insurance Association
- Vermont Chamber of Commerce
- Vermont Historical Society
- Vermont Humanities Council
- Vermont Law School
- Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
- Wheaton College (Massachusetts)
The firm gives generously and regularly to a variety of organizations meaningful to our community and our employees. We contribute to the Access for Justice program, the Boys & Girls Club, and many other national and local non-profit organizations that support children and those in need. Each lawyer in our firm has an allotment of charitable dollars to be used in whatever ways are most meaningful to the individual.
Each year, our firm’s 50+ employees come together for a week of special fundraising initiatives with a focus on the United Way of Chittenden County. This organization distributes funds to well-vetted non-profits to foster improvements in income, education, and health for those in our community in need. PF+C is proud of our commitment to the community in which we live and work.