Employment + Labor Law
Although many states still operate under the “employment at will doctrine,” there is no escaping the fact that the employer/employee relationship is highly regulated by state and federal law, and there are many common exceptions to the “employment at will” standard.
At Paul Frank + Collins, our labor and employment team stays current with the ever-changing standards of labor and employment law. We provide our clients with practical advice that will help them create workplace policies, practices and procedures that encourage positive engagement with employees and lessen the likelihood of legal disputes.
To this end, we provide:
- Customized in-house management and personnel training
- Personnel policies and procedures designed to meet legal requirements and effectively communicate corporate culture and expectations for performance
- Support for investigations regarding personnel matters
- On-going legal counsel regarding resolution of employee conflicts, managing employee leave issues or other workforce changes, and performance management
- Advice regarding legal compliance in all areas of employment and labor law
- Careful review and drafting of employment contracts, non-disclosure and non-compete agreements
- Legal counsel regarding workers’ compensation claims and assistance through administrative and judicial resolutions of these claims
- Labor law advice and support, whether through consultation and drafting contract provisions or through direct participation in negotiations, grievances and arbitrations
At Paul Frank + Collins, we think the best way to avoid costly litigation is to provide thoughtful and sensible advice up front. By staying abreast of the latest best practices, workforce trends and developments in labor and employment law, we can successfully prepare our clients for avoiding problems before they arise. We work in collaboration with senior leaders and managers to design legal compliance and workplace strategies that are readily deployed by employers of choice across the country.
In the event that our clients do find themselves involved in civil litigation, administrative actions, or labor arbitrations, our experienced labor and employment litigators can provide effective defense. We can also initiate actions if employers find themselves needing to protect their trade secrets or confidential information against former employees who may have breached agreements or covenants they had while they were employed. Our seasoned litigators will continue to provide practical advice through every phase of litigation, and will always look for opportunities to resolve any litigation in a way that best suits the clients’ needs. We also work with numerous insurance carriers to provide effective defense of claims made under EPL insurance policies.
View our Employment + Labor Law team of attorneys.
Search our database of talented law professionals by name or by practice area.
BY NAME: (LAST, FIRST)
BY PRACTICE AREA:
February, 2015 - Adeline Simenon Featured in Action France-Canada
February, 2015 - Benchmark Litigation 2015 Recognizes PF+C Litigators
January, 2015 - Matthew A. Ferrigno is Named a Director at PF+C
December, 2014 - Emily Chamberlain Earns PHR Certification
November, 2014 - U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers Announce Paul Frank + Collins' Top Tier Listing in 2015 Best Law Firms Rankings
October, 2014 - Five PF+C Attorneys Listed in 2014 Super Lawyers Business Edition
October, 2014 - Vermont Wins Top U.S. Domicile for Captive Insurance for Second Year
October, 2014 - New England Super Lawyers Recognizes Thirteen PF+C Attorneys
October, 2014 - Paul Frank + Collins Welcomes Attorney Megan A. Sigur
September, 2014 - PF+C Shortlisted for US Captive Service Award
>> View All Recent Entries
Paul Frank + Collins P.C. represents clients in domestic and international business disputes in state and federal courts and arbitration proceedings throughout the United States, with particular emphasis on business related litigation and the defense of personal injury and product liability claims. Read more about Commercial and Business Disputes…