Serving the insurance, reinsurance and alternative risk sectors of the industry, the insurance services team at Paul Frank + Collins provides our clients with an innovative and adaptive service platform to meet a variety of insurance law needs.
We provide “bespoke” services for insurance clients with particularized needs across a variety of coverages, including property and casualty, environmental, energy, professional and other specialty lines. We add leverage and value through a broad array of senior contacts in the industry, including underwriters, brokers, claim managers, adjusters and investigators. We work with a detailed knowledge of the London, Bermuda, and U.S. markets. Our approach is pragmatic and we make it a point to know our clients’ needs.
Our Insurance Law Team focuses on:
- Litigating coverage and bad faith claims, throughout the United States on behalf of insurers
- National, regional and local coverage advice and insurance litigation
- Monitoring counsel for excess and open market insurers in high severity claims with a focus on energy and property losses
- Defending insurers in multi-district complex litigation
- Counseling insurers through regulatory inquiries
- Insurance policy drafting and restructuring
- Reinsurance recoveries
- Special projects, including evaluating changes in insurance industry standards, developing comprehensive claims handling practices, training nation-wide adjusting forces on specific claim trends/issues and delicate internal investigations.
Claims + Underwriting Audits
We provide sophisticated audit services. Depending on the client’s need or preference, these services are delivered through the law firm or through our wholly owned limited liability company, PF+C Insurance Services. Our consulting team includes insurance lawyers and professionals recruited from inside the industry, working together to provide our clients uniquely qualified perspectives and assistance. The Consulting Practice regularly audits claim handling best practices and reserve adequacy of TPAs, insurers and underwriting agents for a variety of insurance and reinsurance clients in the London, Bermuda and U.S. markets. On a selective basis we also perform underwriting audits. Our audit experience extends throughout the United States, and into Canada, the Bahamas/Caribbean and the United Kingdom. We are also experienced auditing in situations where a client suspects its interests may be jeopardized.
We provide claim management services, both on a portfolio and individual loss basis. Our portfolio claim management focuses on the captive and alternative risk sectors, for whom we manage a range of professional and general liability claims arising across the globe. In the area of individual loss management, we handle high severity claims, acting in either an outsource function or in a hybrid monitoring counsel/claim handler role as necessary. We are cost effective, and augment the client’s claims staff with specialist skills when needed on particular claims, allowing them to maintain standards on their other claims.
Our claim management service utilizes a qualified panel of local assets to assist us wherever the claim is located, including adjusters, lawyers, investigators and facilitators.