Business Immigration Law
The Business Immigration team provides a comprehensive range of business immigration services to multinational companies across all industries, as well as to national and local employers seeking to recruit foreign professionals and talents. Our team counsels hundreds of foreign companies planning to enter the U.S. market, with a focus on Canadian and European companies.
When advising U.S. companies seeking to employ foreign nationals, we develop an immigration strategy with our clients’ human resources professionals to obtain the most appropriate nonimmigrant (temporary) visa or status, or immigrant (permanent) visa, for each employee.
We have a highly successful track record representing clients before Custom and Border Protection, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, various U.S. Embassies and Consular posts, and the U. S. Department of Labor.
Areas of Focus
PF+C helps its clients navigate the complex, and often confusing, visa categories to identify and secure the appropriate work permit, including the following, most-commonly encountered visas for Investors, Entrepreneurs, and Professional Workers:
Non Immigrant visas and status:
- B-1 Business Visitor
- E-2 Treaty Investor and Employee and E-1 Treaty Trader
- F-1 / OPT
- H-1B Specialty Occupations for Professionals
- H-3 Trainees
- J-1 Intern and Trainee
- L-1 Intracompany Transferees
- O-1 Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
- TN (NAFTA) Canadian and Mexican Professionals
Permanent Residence or “Green Card”:
- EB-1 Extraordinary Ability, Multinational Executive or Manager
- EB-2 Professionals with Advanced Degrees, Exceptional Ability (Schedule A, Group II) and National Interest Waiver
- EB-3 Skilled Workers and Other Professional
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
In conjunction with our other practice groups, we also provide comprehensive legal services to assist clients with any employment and labor issue that may arise in the immigration context and to ensure compliance with immigration regulations, including I-9 compliance and due diligence during corporate reorganization.
The Immigration team also works closely with the firm’s Business + Transactions, Patents + Intellectual Property, and Employment + Labor teams to provide a full range of legal services to our clients for every aspect of their U.S. operations.View our Business Immigration team of professionals.