Learn more about our current openings.
Why Work at PF+C?
At PF+C, we employ one of the top legal teams in the Northeast and are committed to providing stellar service to our clients in the United States, Canada, and beyond. Our professionals are intelligent, hard-working, entrepreneurial, and strongly committed to their profession, their families, and the communities they serve. We believe we have the best of both worlds: we do top-notch, sophisticated legal work, while also enjoying all the benefits that life in Vermont offers – from the peaks of the Green Mountains to the shores of Lake Champlain and all the sweeping landscapes in between.
We emphasize teamwork and collaboration at all levels of the firm. Our team-centric practice groups give new employees opportunities to develop professionally through guidance, training, and mentoring by our talented legal team. We also recognize that our strength as a team ultimately derives from the unique talents, diverse backgrounds, and insights each of our team members brings to the table – at PF+C, diversity is an asset.
We also care about – and prioritize – balance. Our work is demanding, but at PF+C we are proud to have cultivated an environment that enables employees to flourish professionally, while also leading robust personal and family lives. PF+C provides flexible remote/hybrid working arrangements, and actively encourages employees to take advantage of our generous vacation benefits. We also provide paid time off for new parents and for employees who are caring for children or aging family members.
PF+C has been rooted in the greater Burlington, Vermont community for 55 years, and we are firmly committed to our local community. We hold PF+C team volunteering events at local charitable organizations, our employees devote hundreds of hours of service each year to Vermont charitable and non-profit organizations, and we are a proud Champion member of Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility (VBSR). All employees are provided eight hours of paid time annually to serve a community organization of their choosing.
PF+C is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a disabled veteran or other veteran or military status, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, crime victim status, health insurance coverage status, HIV+ status, place of birth, or any other protected class status.
Benefits of Working at PF+C
PF+C is committed to providing a generous benefits program that includes both traditional and creative perks to support the values our employees hold most important. Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible work hours and hybrid office/remote work
- Mentorship, training, and continuing legal education programs
- PF+C is a Champion member of Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility (VBSR)
- PF+C is one of the first Vermont law firms that signed on to the Vermont Equal Pay Compact
- Top tier Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont and MVP health plans with above-average firm funding for employees and their families
- Quality dental plan options and vision plan options
- Flexible spending/cafeteria plans to reduce employees’ taxes
- Long-term disability and life insurance funded fully by PF+C
- 401k – pre-tax retirement savings vehicle immediately available to new employees
- Profit sharing plan – PF+C funded contributions up to 5% of an employees’ annual income
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to every employee as well as family members and household members
- Generous paid leave, sick leave, and personal leave programs, paid holidays, and paid leave for volunteering and community service
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Downtown parking is organized by the firm and employees have no parking co-pays
- Professional development / continuing education funding
- Wellness programs and interest-free loans for costly memberships/ski passes, etc.
- Fun mini perks – We do a variety of food-filled and fun-filled activities at the office and during family summer picnics, holiday events and to celebrate milestones!
Vermont is GREAT because...
Vermont was ranked #1 best places to live in America by CNBC in 2018
Vermont was ranked 2018’s #1 Best State for Working Moms by WalletHub
Ranked #6 for Top States for Gender Pay Equity by US News and World Report
Vermont ranked as the 2nd most peaceful state in the nation according to the United States Peace Index, 2012
Vermont has been ranked as one of the happiest states in the country
Vermont was rated America’s #2 “Top State for Quality of Life” by CNBC
Vermont colleges ranked among the 100 most affordable small colleges by Best Value Schools
The University of Vermont Medical Center has been counted as a top performer among leading academic medical centers, according to the University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC) Quality and Accountability Study
Burlington is GREAT because...
Burlington was ranked #2 on Kiplinger’s “Top 10 Greatest Places to Live, 2013.” Vermont also ranks #4 on the list of “Top Moving Destinations of 2014,” according to the 2014 Annual National Movers Study.
Burlington voted #14 in the Top 100 Adventure Towns by National Geographic Adventure magazine.
Burlington was named “One of America’s Best Downtowns” by Forbes Magazine
Burlington was named one of the 30 Best Small Cities in America by Traveler Magazine